CALMETTE Hospital was built in 1958 as a French Polyclinic and was quasi-totally destroyed during the Khmer Rouge Regime, from 1975 to 1979. Hospital became a public hospital and reopened the doors early in 1980’s with a few healthcare providers survived from the massacre. Since then, Calmette had overcome through many years of difficulties to build its human resources and technical capacities for healthcare services providing mission under the strong support of government of Cambodia and government of France.
CALMETTE Hospital is a tertiary hospital with the three principal missions: quality of care, health professional education and research. With the status of one of autonomous financing public establishments for health, Calmette has been able to invest during the last twenty years in modernization of all its clinical services, from general to specialized services and facilities supported by its available advanced technologies and notably by more and more highly experienced human resources involvement. Hospital has been playing the key role in medical professional education by collaborating with its national, regional and international health sciences universities members.
Hospital offers varied specialized services related to emergencies care, interventional and surgical cardiology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, urology, cancer surgery, maternity with neonate intensive care and general medicine including hepato-gastro-enterology, cancer, neurology, pulmonary diseases, diabetes- endocrinology, nephrology- hemodialysis, infectious diseases, and rehabilitation.